Evergreen Cemetery

Evergreen Cemetery

Founded in 1851 Evergreen Cemetery, the municipal cemetery of the Village of Owego, was an early and archetypal example of the “Rural Cemetery” movement. Set on a towering hillside, with monuments reaching to the sky, Evergreen was designed as a park-like setting away...
Candor History Center

Candor History Center

Open for research Mondays 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon; closed during holidays. Collects, preserves, and interprets the history, heritage and culture of the Town and Village of Candor, including photographs, genealogy, and various scrapbooks.
Bement-Billings Farmstead Museum

Bement-Billings Farmstead Museum

This historic farmstead is located on NY 38 north of Newark Valley in Tioga County, New York. The Newark Valley Historical Society hosts a variety of tours and historical reenactments of life in the early 1800’s (even blacksmithing), and the Apple Festival every Fall...
Waverly Historical Society Museum

Waverly Historical Society Museum

The Waverly Historical Soceity is dedicated to sharing and preserving the history of Waverly, NY. The exhibits feature photographs and memorabilia donated by local collector, Don Merrill, which focuses on the 1800 and 1900’s. Hours Wed and Sun, 1 pm – 4...
Spencer Historical Museum

Spencer Historical Museum

Artifacts, displays, records, genealogy and town history. Hours Sat and Sun, 2 pm – 5 pm June through August
Tioga History Museum

Tioga History Museum

Collects, preserves and interprets the history, heritage and culture of Tioga County Museum collection features objects, photographic images and archival material Rotating exhibits two to three time per year highlighting agriculture, industry, military, arts,...
Newark Valley Village Hall

Newark Valley Village Hall

This historic municipal building features a cut-stone foundation and full basement. It was built in 1887 as the Union Free School and Academy. A two-story, 45-foot rear wing was completed in 1904, and the building was altered for its current use in 1931.
Newark Valley Village Green

Newark Valley Village Green

This charming municipal park at the heart of the Village features a gazebo, village clock and manicured landscaping. It is a pleasant place to stroll or have a picnic lunch.
Newark Valley Depot

Newark Valley Depot

he first official freight train of the Southern Central Railroad pulled into Newark Valley on March 8, 1870. Passenger service started within one month. Thus began over 100 years of service to the communities on the east branch of the Owego Creek. Today the depot has...