TIOGA COUNTY TOURISM INFO FOR BUSINESSES
These are stressful and uncertain times and we, like most of you, have had to make changes, put our plans on hold, and are facing tough decisions down the road. But in the meantime, we are still looking for ways to help support our tourism business partners and promote our beautiful, vibrant county as a destination for visitors. Here are a few things we are doing that you can participate in. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to have your business included in any of the promotions below.
- Tioga County – Doing Business at a Distance: We are promoting ways to shop online, businesses that are offering shipping and delivery, virtual tours, virtual shopping experiences, restaurants doing take-out, and how to purchase gift certificates. Send us what your business is doing and how people can make remote purchases. We’ll put it on our website and promote it on social media.
- Purchasing Gift Certificates: Tioga County Tourism and Historic Owego Marketplace are purchasing Gift Certificates from Tioga County Tourism businesses for a social media contest. We are asking to purchase a $25 gift certificate for $20. We have limited funds for this, so this is on a first come, first serve basis. We will make the purchase remotely via credit card or can accept invoices if a check is preferred. Gift Certificates can be mailed to our office at 200-204 Front Street, Suite 105, Owego, NY 13827.
- Website Update: We are working on updating our tourism business database with contact information, descriptions, and pictures. Look for your listing on our Things to Do page. Email us any changes or photos to have your listing updated. Don’t see your business listed? Email us your address, phone number, website, link to your facebook page, a description of your business and at least one photo and we will add it. This website is for tourism businesses only.
- Public Relations: Tioga County Tourism is still responding to requests for stories from the media. Keep an eye for emails from us on opportunities that come our way.
- State and Regional Connections: Tioga County Tourism will maintain connections with I Love New York, the Finger Lakes Regional Tourism Council, and Finger Lakes Wine Country and will update our partners with any opportunities or information from them.
We will be adding activities and promotions when we can, so please check back. You can also ask to join our Experience Tioga Partners Group on Facebook for updates on what our office is doing.
For information on resources for small businesses visit the Tioga County COVID-19 Resource Page: https://www.tiogacountyny.com/programs-agencies/covid19/
Be well, stay safe, and hang in there!
Becca and Lori