FARM STORES AND U-PICK
Click here for Sample Signs for Businesses
Please review the Best Practices for Pick Your Own businesses here: Cornell U Pick Best Practices
Hand sanitizer is available from Tioga County Public Health. Call 607-687-8600
For a list of PPE Vendors, click here: PPE Vendor List.
Please take the following steps to be in compliance with NYS requirements for reopening.
- Review the Summary Guidelines for Retail and Essential Businesses here.
2. Fill out, print and post your NYS Safety Plan in a conspicuous location at your business and on your website if you have one. You do not have to post it to your social media: NYS BUSINESS REOPENING PLAN
3. Read the detailed guidelines and affirm you business with NYS: https://forward.ny.gov/phase-two-industries
Allowable Activities: In-Store Shopping, Curbside Pick-Up and In-Store Pick-Up
Capacity: No more than 50% capacity at one time based on your Certificate of Occupancy.
Face Masks: Customers must wear face covering unless they are under the age of two or cannot wear them for medical reason (you can’t ask for documentation). Management must deny entry to persons not wearing a mask. Employers are responsible for providing appropriate masks for staff. See OSHA guidelines here.
Employee Health Screenings: Health screenings of employees must be done daily and record kept. See a sample Health Screening sign and log here. Temperature checks are not required.
Cleaning: Click here for CDC guidance on cleaning procedures during Covid-19. See below for sample cleaning policies and cleaning logs.
- HEALTH SCREENING SIGN AND LOG
- SAMPLE CLEANING POLICY
- SAMPLE CLEANING LOG
- SAMPLE CLEANING LOG BY AREA – Customize this for areas specific to your store
Questions about cleaning? Contact Tioga County Public Health Sanitarian Dan Scherrer at 607-687-3487.
For more information from NYS Agriculture and Markets, click here.