Newark Valley Depot
The first official freight train of the Southern Central Railroad pulled into Newark Valley on March 8, 1870. Passenger service started within one month. Thus began over 100 years of service to the communities on the east branch of the Owego Creek.
Today the depot has been restored to the 1910 period, and contains a variety of railroad artifacts and memorabilia. The Depot is home to an HO scale railroad depicting the northern Tioga County segment of the Lehigh Valley Railroad, and a real restored caboose. The waiting room displays are changed from time to time.
Depot Street, Newark Valley, NY 13811